Our True Self is subtle. Unemotional. Quiet. It speaks through our heart. To truly come from an authentic place within our self we have to be able to connect to the subtler parts of our self. Honestly in touch with and acknowledging our feelings (hurts and fears), desires, and motivations – calmly.
And to be authentic with others we have to express from an open and clear heart. Void of any created barriers or neediness.
For Part 1 see HERE (This is the 3rd article of 8 from my series on Universal Laws. Links to other 7 at end).
This article/blog post is based in concepts from my books
“Your Journey to Peace … “ About Book here
“Why We Are the Way We Are” About Book here
(Both available in print and e-book, Cover images below)
Being authentic means that we are able to:
- In tune with what we want out of life – but also why. (Not necessarily the details but the general idea and how this would make us feel);
- See ourselves clearly ― who we are being, what we are doing, and why;
- Able to recognize, look at, and address when we fall into negativity – be it succumbing to anger, aggressiveness, neediness, deep set fears, revenge, passive aggressiveness, or any other negative pattern that causes us or those around us angst;
- Connect to and accept the fact that we may not always have been acting consciously regarding past attitudes, behaviors, or actions;
- Be honest with our self about any past attitudes or behaviors that hurt others or did not serve us well;
- Not be afraid to acknowledge our errors or bad choices, while at the same time forgive our self. We are all only ever doing our best within our current awareness. This also helps us to forgive others;
- Express our hurts and our needs honestly – even if the words are not eloquently formed;
- Know when to let go of old habits or outdated beliefs or ideals that are no longer serving our highest good, or that of those around us;
- Spend a day, a week, or even longer alone because we are comfortable with our self and accepting of who we are;
- Not be overly discouraged by failure as we know something else will come about.
Becoming authentic and getting acquainted with our essence – our True Self brings us joy, peace within our self, harmony with others, and gives us a clearer vision of our future.
Being authentic is to live and speak from the heart. Without inner fears, unconscious influences, or any neediness our heart-space is open and we are able to feel confident and express honestly to others.
As we start to peel away the layers between our created Self and our True Self our authentic self starts to shine through. We are embracing the Laws of Openness and Authenticity.
(This is the 3rd article from my series of 8 on Universal Laws that I first published in the Starlit Path Magazine from March 2018 to December 2019. Here is the link to the magazine). Links to other articles at end.
© Rosemary McCarthy, first published September 2018, updated May 2020.
For Part 1 see here
You can share this article with others as long as you include the full © notation below.
Link to posts on the other Universal Laws
Link to full post on Part 1/8 – An Intro – Understanding Universal Law HERE
Link to Part 2/8 – Universal Law of Openness HERE
Link to Part 3/8 – Law of Authenticity HERE
Link to Part 4/8 – Law of Attraction HERE
Link to Part 5/8 – Law of Cause And Effect HERE
Link to Part 6/8 – Law of Balance HERE
Link to Part 7/8 – Law of Expansion HERE
Link to Part 8/8 – Recap of Universal Laws HERE
Copyright ©Rosemary McCarthy, first published September 2018, updated May 2020. All rights Reserved. To copy, share, or distribute this post simply ensure the content is copied in its entirety, is unaltered, and is distributed freely and for no monetary or personal gain, and that this copyright notice and the link for the article and the website: www.yourjourneytopeace.com/ are included. You can contact me at: email@example.com. Blessings and thank you kindly. Rosemary.