“’Joie de Vivre” is contagious.” I just listened to a podcast by Linda Dillon (author of The Great Awakening) where she discussed the importance of taking time to regenerate ourselves and find our “joie de vivre,” which inspired me to share these thoughts with you.
Even though Doing gets things done and we feel satisfied, taking the time to tap into Inner-Peace and Joy raises us to a Higher Plane of Consciousness. It is in these higher states that Inspiration is Birthed.
And it is Inspired Thoughts that Motivate Us to make Better Choices for Ourselves – and For the World around us.
In this busy day and age where every moment seems to be filled with to-do’s and stress seems to overshadow all we do – it is important to Really find Alone and Quiet time.
Quiet time that Rejuvenates Us and Connects us to Inner-Peace and allows us Tap into Joy and its sense of “joie de vivre.”
As well as inspired by Linda’s podcast, this blog post is based on concepts in my book, “Your Journey to Peace …”
About Book found here (available in print and e-book).
Most of us have lost these connections – or at least have trouble sustaining them for more than a few moments. There are many reasons. Here are a few:
- Many of us feel inclined to take in every aspect modern living offers us – often to the point of feeling scattered and stressed.
- In our sincere desire to be helpful to others or to help bring about a better world we often overextend ourselves – and are left feeling drained, joyless, and sometimes even resentful.
- And even our attempts for relaxation can be fraught with stress. We may drive to a Day Spa or fun event and get stuck in traffic or bad weather coming home negating most of the good feelings.
- Our weekend getaways, annual vacations, and out of country travelling we so depend on to rejuvenate us often go awry, as the hitches in travel plans and unexpected surprises of the new environments bring with them stress and/or disappointment, which are not conducive to returning rejuvenated.
As well as meditation, prayer, yoga and the many common ways of connecting to Spirit and our God-selves, here are a few of the simple things we can do that help reawaken the Inner-Peace and Joy within us, allowing that contagious “joie de vivre” to pulse through us.
- Listening to our favorite music.
- Sitting under a tree or on your favorite park bench – doing absolutely nothing.
- Watching the sun glistening off the snow.
- Sitting on the porch just staring at the scene in front of us.
- Gazing at the stars.
- Watching / listening to the waves.
- Watching the sun glistening off the water.
- Enjoying the pristine new fallen snow: how it so beautifully lazes on the trees.
- And simply finding a quiet spot, closing our eyes, tuning out the world, and listening to our breathing brings us to that quiet place where peaceful feelings abide.
Finding Alone and Quiet time and staying in that place until Peace and Joy arise in us – and Reveling in the feelings that come about until it almost hurts – until Joy is Bursting Out of Us – is how we will find Sustainable Inner-Peace. Where we can Tap into Joy. Where our “joie de vivre” can become contagious because it is just oozing out of us.
~ Rosemary McCarthy © January 30, 2019.
See here for my other blog articles on this site – here for others on my SpiritedFawn publications site (also with information on my new book Why We Are the Way We Are – book 1 of my ‘Our Journeys to Peace’ Series. There is a link there to return to this site).
here for sign up for my free monthly newsletter with various themes and to stay updated on my new books’ publication dates.
You can share this article with others as long as you include the full © notation below. When you share through Facebook, the message automatically copies.
Copyright © 2019 by Rosemary McCarthy. All rights Reserved. To copy, share, or distribute this post simply ensure the content is copied in its entirety, is unaltered, and is distributed freely and for no monetary or personal gain, and that this copyright notice and the link for the article and the website: www.yourjourneytopeace.com included. You can contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Blessings and thank you kindly. Rosemary.